Tuesday, September 22, 2009

confessions of a shopaholic

The fact of the matter is, I have a bit of a spending problem. I have little to no self-control when it comes to pretty new things (esp. clothes... I seem to have tackled my unhealthy relationship with DVDs for the time being). I really, honestly identified with these books and this movie (which my mom felt the need to lend me because they seemed to so closely resemble my life), though ironically I have not added it to my extensive DVD collection because the movie came out right after I swore off "wasting" good money on trashy movies and weird independent watch-once-and-then-watch-collect-dust films when--let's face it--those dollars could be worn again and again in the form of a leather jacket or a new pair of slouchy leather boots or two different-but-alike striped dresses... or a funny fur (thing?) that can stand-in as a vest for 1/3 the price!

*gasp* See? Even writing about shopping I lose all sense of structure and go on a sort of sentence-spree! And even though my credit cards are full and happy again, I can't help but feel a nagging dissatisfaction. Sure, I have a sexy new leather jacket, but I have no black boots to wear with it.

And wouldn't it be nice if I had a little floral dress to off-set the biker look?

Or a pair of grey skinny jeans?

You see my problem. I'm like a vampire that wants to suck the blood of H&M and Zara... it's almost enough to make a girl wish she hadn't gone to college (-$12,000), or had skipped that stint abroad (-$5,000), or passed on the whole move-cross-country-on-a-whim thing (-$$$). I should write my depressing, debt-driven memoirs and try to make a buck... but oh, wait. That story has already been written.

No comments:

Post a Comment