Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ever have one of those days where every action feels like an attempt to jam a square peg into a round hole? Welcome to my day. I've been sleepless&sick ever since we returned from Virginia, and being back in the office has never been more difficult. I'm really feeling a tug in my gut (palindrome alert!) and I need a catalyst to spark something inside me and propel me toward progress, but I'm having a hell of a time finding inspiration when the hours between 8:30 and 5 of my life are sucked into the gray space under these flourescent lights.

I'd better get my act together soon or I'll have to rename this blog "Wasting Life."
I took some photos inside this morning but didn't especially like the way they turned out, so I decided to take advantage of what appeared to be a warm-enough day (snow simultaneously falling&melting) to snap some scenic shots in the driveway. Ha! It was a lot colder than it looked out there!

(herringbone jumper: thrifted; gray turtleneck dress, fur collar: H&M; feather headpiece: UO; black tights: Walgreen's; white lace tights: TJMaxx; shoes: Marshall's; backwards belt: Steve Madden)

I guess I should make a more conscious effort to at least turn my head in different directions :) I was going to attempt a nifty photo-flip but my face looks so odd in reverse! Funny how that works, especially since that's the way I'm accustomed to seeing it in the mirror!


Here are some details from the AM photo shoot... I absolutely love the versatility of this herringbone jumper, and this is the ultimate mix of patterns. I think the combination stripes-herringbone-floral works because of the muted color palette... if all of these pieces were in brilliant colors it would have been overwhelmingly haphazard. A gray outfit for a gray day in a gray office :)

To honor the little-jumper-that-could, I've compiled a mini-remix (worn at least four times, that's less than $0.50 per wear!):

Look #1: seen here

Look #2: seen here

Look #3: seen here

Here's hoping my off-kilter day tilts back on track... I'm sure it's nothing a little Beverly Hills: 90210 and a good glass of lovely bubbly can't fix!

1 comment:

  1. I love the lace tights over the darker stockings- very cool outfit and remix. Staple dresses steal my heart.

    ReplyDelete