Tuesday, May 18, 2010

modcloth mode

Hi everyone! It's finally time to debut my first Modcloth purchase (ever)--the Sweet Magnolia Dress (now sold out)!

I wore this dress on Mother's Day, but it was snowing (!!) so I didn't leave the apartment in it. The Sunday sunshine inspired me to give it another go!

I think initially what drew me to purchase this dress (as opposed to the other 400 million adorable little floral dresses available on Modcloth that I didn't buy) was a) spring was here and I was desperate, but more likely b) it sort of reminded me of those gorgeous watercolor-floral gowns from Elie Saab's 2010 haute couture collection (which I gushed about here):

So I bought it. Can you blame me? One thing that I both love and kind of don't love about the dress is that the skirt is excessively swish-y. This means that it has a nice swing to it when I walk but also means that the wind can catch it off guard and hoist the hem up around my ears à la Marilyn Monroe. To counteract that image, here I am looking like a Girl Scout (two fingers in the air and I'm there):

Also, it matched the beautiful blue sky:


(dress: Modcloth; shoes: Kohl's)

3 comments:

  1. oo that's the perfect summer dress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty dress. The third photo is so good the background sets of the dress perfectly!

    ReplyDelete