Monday, August 23, 2010

in the trenches

I have been on the hunt for the perfect, classic trenchcoat for aaaaaaages. My mother is all too aware of this fact, especially because I basically forced her to purchase a trenchcoat against her will because it was just a little bit too big for me. It's a hard life for a short person.

At long last, my quest has come to an end. This weekend K and I took a little road trip to Boston for some wedding clothes and, while I purchased nothing of use for those purposes, I did happen upon this perfect small-person trench coat at H&M for $50. Which I promptly purchased.

I'm kind of infatuated with it. The remainder of the weekend was spent wearing black, tying my hair in a bun, and enjoying the appropriately rainy weather. Not only does this coat fit me like a glove, the lining is navy-and-white striped! How perfect can you get?

(trench: H&M; dress: Marshall's; boots: ALDO)

Also, while shopping for wedding shoes (my plans have changed... stay tuned for a new ensemble), I discovered the most perfect shoes ever made (by Poetic Licence), which I must own ASAP:

They are just a SMIDGE out of the ol' price range, especially considering I can't even afford to buy bread (which, for a carb-o-holic like myself is seriously unfortunate). But a girl can dream :) Also, my bangs are in serious need of a snip. I look like Cousin It's cousin.

2 comments:

  1. that is a great trench coat! hopefully i will be working at h&m soon, wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wonderfully beautiful. And why did you have to paste a link to those shoes. Grrr, now I'm thinking about them too...

    ReplyDelete