Thursday, June 16, 2011

in which i wear sherbet shorts

Photobucket

I don't know why but this outfit makes me think of creamsicles and sherbet. Summertime must have arrived! I've been loving the clashing corals and reds around the blogosphere and wanted to join the fun. These shorts were a fortuitous find at Goodwill but super long and frumpy, so I shortened them up and voilĂ ! A little bit bootie, but not too bad...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(shirt/shorts: thrifted; sandals: kohl's)
Tonight K and I are going on a little dinner-and-a-movie date and I'm so excited to finally have a bit of money to throw around! I wish I could go out to dinner every single night--the not-having-to-prepare-food part is pretty excellent, but I really just enjoy separating myself from the rest of the world (cell phones and computers and televisions out of reach) and sitting down for a good old-fashioned meal with K or my family or a rambunctious group of friends. Good times. Plus, the weather is finally gorgeous around here and it will be lovely to take a stroll around town.

6 comments:

  1. Love the color of these shorts. And the combo with the red shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shorts really are a great color! They're definitely reminicent of sherbert! I love the red top you paired with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the perfect summer outfit, I love those shorts! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaah, love this. Those shorts go so well with that top!

    Oh, also, I wasn't really saying you should go lobby for Health Care (though that's always a good thing). Just that there's still lots to get up and angry about. ; )

    I love going out for dinner. It's a shame it makes me fat if I do it too often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These colours are so wonderful together!! That striped top is great, and those shorts are really great. You did a great job shortening them!! Another wonderful striped look.
    And I love going out for dinner too, it's so great
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete