Friday, June 24, 2011

in which i'm a rambling (wo)man

Photobucket

So these jeans technically aren't chambray, they're denim. But this week's theme has been more of a chambray/denim mash-up. They're close enough :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(blouse: thrifted ralph lauren; jeans: paris blues; hat: uo; shoes: seychelles)

This is the sort of outfit that I imagine myself wearing in the desert, but would never actually be able to wear in the desert (long jeans, long sleeves? I'd die of heat). So here we go--the best of both worlds! I'm in the desert (probably wearing shorts and a tank top and not looking even remotely fashionable), and simultaneously wearing my imagined southwestern wear. Ideally I would be wearing cowboy boots with this outfit, but I don't have any (since the pair my mom "gave" me/I stole from my mom were burned in the infamous car fire of 2008). I definitely hope to pick some up somewhere along the road!

And now... I'm officially taking next week off from the blog! Have a wonderful week, lovelies! I'll be back after Independence Day :)

11 comments:

  1. have a great week off!!!! and i never would have thought you weren't wearing boots with these jeans! great hat too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like a broken record insisting that you have fun, but I know you will anyway! You look great in jeans, and I love a white blouse. And I'm pretty sure you can't be less fashionable than me this week. ; ) Being unfashionable is awesome sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your photos! I've been out of the loop for a bit but I'm so glad to see more of your cute outfits :)
    xx
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the jeans! So chic! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this casual look. The white blouse looks great with your jeans. I especially love your hat, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so darling! i looooove your hair so much. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,

    just found you blog hopping. Have favorited a few of your photos of chicatopia, but this is the first time I have found your blog. Now following ...

    Kelly xo
    Elegantly Academic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your outfit! And the choice of location for your photos...train tracks were made for style blogs :)

    www.theheadlessmannequin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You will be surprised to know that I was OK with jeans in desert.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love how you paired this outfit with the hat! very cute!

    xx
    Rachel Emma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey miss... are you coming back to us? I hope so.xx

    ReplyDelete