Monday, July 11, 2011

i'm(/ve been) baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

I have been a very bad blogger, and I have no real excuse, except that I was here:

Photobucket

And then I was here:

Photobucket

And then I had a really rough time transitioning back into the humdrum doldroms of the work week and these whirlwind weekends I've been having. My head just doesn't feel like it's screwed on quite right.

I had an amazing time out west and never wanted to come home. All that time in the desert really made me reevaluate everything I've been doing with my life, and I'm already dreaming and scheming of my next big adventure. Utah, you were beautiful. Las Vegas, you were fun. Hopefully I'll get some pictures soon from my partner in crime (who is still on the road--lucky!!) and I'll be able to do a more comprehensive post about my travels (wanderlust wednesday can return at last)! In the meantime, I've been playing music, swimming in rivers, driving through the countryside, eating lots and lots, and just generally trying to get back to that place where I was living every day as full to the brim as I possibly could. Because that's the only way.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome. Is that goblin valley state park? I felt just like this when I came back from the US last year. Work just seems so pointless after traveling around. But at least it gives you some inspiration. Look forward to seeing more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time! I am super jealous, I want to go to places like this. Glad you had such a great time, can't wait to see more pictures
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayy that you're back (sorry about the doldrums). I note that your reading material is still in the desert. I just finished The Grapes of Wrath which gave me a definite feel for road tripping....

    Swimming in rivers sounds pretty damn awesome too though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to have you back. sounds like you had a stellar vacation. Getting back into work mode is always a bit tough

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great time! Your Vegas dress is really cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! glad to see that you are back! can't wait to hear allll about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete