Wednesday, September 28, 2011

in which it is a blustery day

Photobucket

This sweatervest might be a little bit goofy, but I couldn't resist. I think it will probably get lots of wear in the winter months :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(dress: h&m; sweatervest/belt: thrifted; boots: seychelles)

Last night I basically had a nervous breakdown because I felt overwhelmed by obligations, but after making dinner, tackling the dirty dishes and laundering our clothes, K bought me a bottle of wine (he's such a gem--my friend and I switched debit cards over the weekend and since the great credit card payoff of 2010 I have no other source of monies until I see her tonight!) and I hit the 40,000-word mark around 12:30 last night. All's well that ends well, I say. After work today I'm heading into town to eat pizza and watch Bill Cunningham: New York with a couple of pretty classy ladies.

Sad news: since today was so blustery, my camera crashed into the concrete and is now exhibiting seriously schizophrenic symptoms. The lens is all freaked out by the trauma. However, I'm trying not to jump on the freak-out bandwagon, since this has happened before and my little Nikon miraculously recovered. I know it's silly to have a fashion blog without a super fancy camera, but at times like this I'm glad I haven't shelled out for expensive new equipment.

11 comments:

  1. That's a shame about your camera, I hope you get it figured out. Your pictures usually look well enough to me, so I don't think you need to worry about having nicer equipment. There's nothing wrong with working with what you've got!

    Aside from all that, I am in major love with your sweatervest there--I'm looking forward to seeing it more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's some post-related math I thought up: goofy sweater vest > serious sweater vest. Also, existential freakouts < bottles of wine. Just so we're being scientific about things...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh sorry to hear about your camera! I have a small panic attack every time I drop something electronic. Which is sadly pretty frequent. I hope it fixes itself.
    Also I seriously love this sweater vest.

    P.S. Did you switch debit cards on purpose? So that you wouldn't spend any money this weekend? Becuase that is basically brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those zip up sweater vests that pop up in thrift stores ever so often!
    I have a red plaid one and a black one from last year.
    I also love how you so cleverly mixmastered again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on reaching 40,00 words that is seriously impressive. This outfit makes me think of lumberjack/gypsy. In a very good way, I like all the textures together, always like you autumn outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the bare pegs counteract any goofiness in the vest. You just look fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amaaaaazing outfit, Caitlin! I wanted a sweater vest last year but couldn't find the right one at the right price point (stupid London ripoff vintage shops).

    Sorry to hear about the camera, I saw the camera of my friends who had done something similar and it was a helluva mess. Maybe you need some weights for your tripod? ; )

    Awesome work on the wordcount by the way! I just started back in on writing for the novel again today. Feels good (I only wrote 500 words though, I'm such a slacker) ; D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor camera!! I hope it ends up being okay, so scary when that stuff happens to them. I love this sweater vest so much, it'll be sooo good for the holiday season! And that checkered dress is wonderful
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally not silly to have a point-and-shoot AND a style blog... I do too! I whined for the 1st 6 months of blogging how I NEED a new camera, but then I adapted and I'm making the best of my Canon.... even with indoor shots! I hope yours recovers... I know mine is mighty tough and has survived a lot of abuse!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, fair isle sweaters are the best. I can't wait to see how else you style it in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your sweater vest so much! I would have a hard time styling it - so I love that you paired it with the checkered dress.

    ReplyDelete