Friday, September 30, 2011

in which we're back in business

Photobucket

So, it's the end of an era. My camera, sadly, did not recover. Last night I dragged K to Best Buy to pick up a new one, and now it as if nothing ever happened! It's going to take a little bit of getting used to (the wide-angle lens briefly struck terror into my heart this morning, but I think all is well). And I had my first pumpkin spice latte (tall, nonfat, 1/2 syrup) of the season, just to soften the blow :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(coat: tjmaxx; shoes/hat: thrifted; socks/dress: uo; feather fastener: gift)

This dress is way too small. It was already small when I bought it, but then I washed & (accidentally!) dried it, and now it's quite the constrictor. I still love it, so I'm holding on, but the time will come... my closet is filling up fast, so it seems really silly to keep dresses that really don't fit. I have another dress that I absolutely adore, which actually has never fit me (I bought it on etsy a couple of years ago). But I keep holding on in case I lose like 25 pounds. Which is impossible. I've also been thinking about trying to alter it just enough so that I can squeeze in... I just need to get motivated or something.

Anyway, it's finally Friday. I am so burnt out, but I have some serious goals for this weekend.

I resolve to:

go for a run
write 5000 words

Okay, that's all. But those are hard!! ;)
Have a great weekend, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. So. I LOVE this. The combination of the socks, short dress, and gorgeous jacket is so perfect. Yay for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a sweet outfit...love that hat and socks. glad you got a new camera and sorry to hear about your old one..good luck meeting your weekend goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That jacket and that hat!
    Oh my!!!!

    Happy Weekending!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The coat is amaaaazing. I love the socks, IDK if it just works or goes so far as to make the dress look not too short, but it all works! I love it

    Anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this outfit! I can't believe you guys are all excited about fall when we're just going into Spring here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this color on you. The dress looks great even if it is a little tight, the knee socks are great! The new camera seems to be going a good job too, these photos seem much sharper a then your other ones. (Or did you do some extra editing?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little dress is adorable with the knee socks. I'm loving your hat too!

    ReplyDelete