Wednesday, November 16, 2011

in which the gloves make the girl

Photobucket

This outfit was built from the gloves up. K wanted to go to Old Navy one evening to look for sweaters, so I accompanied (isn't it great when your man likes shopping as much as you do [sometimes more...]?). I didn't have any money to spend, but I did spot these swell striped gloves for $2.50 (in a two-pack!), and had to "splurge." I love gloves. I have a classic black leather pair that is perfect for the winter months, but I would love to slowly amass a collection of pretty leather handwarmers in various shades of brown. These aren't leather, but they're awesome. They feel sporty but also classy--perfect for a jaunt on horseback (sidesaddled, of course), a game of polo, or even a hunt (if I were into that sort of thing...)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


(blazer/skirt: vintage; chambray: walmart; gloves: old navy; shoes: lulu*s)

What about you? Do you have glove love?

As you can see, I've switched up my blogger template a bit to make the whole blog a bit brighter. I chose my old template because I wanted the blog to have a warm feel, like a cozy nook on a cold night, but since fashion is more about POP! WOW! and all that jazz, I think the simpler backdrop is better. What do you think?

9 comments:

  1. I totally dig this outfit. Those loafers are sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you through Chictopia and I'm loving your blog!! Your outfits are all so cute and I love the pretty settings =)
    Following you now!
    http://xrebelangelx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the template really brightens things up. I'm digging it. I'm also digging your gloves. They pair so well with your tweed jacket. I always have to worst luck at Old Navy but I wouldnt mind snatching up a pair of those babies for myself.

    Stop by & enter my Shabby Apple Giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your blazer and skirt combo, it works really well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im loving the new background its wonderful. And so are those gloves!! I left for school this morning and couldn't find a matching pair...time to splurge on some. Great colours in this look, the blazer pulls everything together so nicely
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great in the belted blazer! I also love the shirt buttoned all the way up underneath. I like your background. It makes your blog look more lively and happy. It's purdy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the new gloves! Everything about this outfit is perfect too. I feel like that jacket of yours matches with everything. The mix of red, blue, and brown looks so nice together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new template. Also I'm a totally glove addict. Winter accessories in general! I can't help thrift them often if I see some I like. I mean we're Vermonters we need stylish gloves if we're going to have to wear them!

    ReplyDelete