Tuesday, December 6, 2011

in which dooney meets bourke and a bag is born

Photobucket

Life's been busy lately! I feel like I'm booked up all the way through the holidays (which isn't true, but obligations stretch as far as the eye can see)! It's been a struggle to get to the gym three times a week, since every other evening seems to be spoken for! Last night I went to the gym after work and then K and I met up to do laundry (and for me to eat sushi), and by the time we got home I was ready to go to sleep. Tonight I have another meeting of Art Club, so once I've run the multiple errands I have lined up for the afterwork hours, I'm looking forward to lounging around with my ladyfriends, drinking sweet wine and discussing art/writing/etc.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


(dress/scarf/purse/belt: thrifted; tights: tjmaxx; shoes: lulus.com)

I suppose 'tis the season for fun tights! While I stuck to basic brown and earthy green throughout the autumn months, I'm looking forward to busting out my wilder (it's all relative...) pairs when winter is underway. My legs will basically need to be covered 24/7 to keep out the cold, which means I have to keep it interesting with playful patterns and bursts of color. The chill has definitely descended over my little corner of Vermont, even if the snow hasn't.

Have a merry little Wednesday, everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Yoww, your heels are high! I love all your playful tights... reminds me to remind my mom that those would make good stocking stuffers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this outfit is so chic! I love all the details! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress with the awesome tights, so cute!! And those shoes are just perfect, as is the addition of the scarf =) Fun tights are my favourite for autumn/winter, you need to keep your legs covered!!
    http://xrebelangelx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is the perfect shade of blue, and I would have never thought to pair it with brown accessories, but it looks amazing! I love your tights, a patterned tight just puts a smile on my face.
    Being busy is good when it's fun things, and it sounds like you'll be having a good few weeks :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect outfit! I love everything about it! Especially the shoes and scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the tights! I have some really similar to those. They look great with your blue dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm super in love with these shoes. Love the dark blue dress the collar is killer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely. The colour of he dress is great on you! I hope you have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't complain about lounging around and drinking sweet wine. So jealous! Anyway, there's just something so visually appealing when you mix a dark navy with rich brown accents.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so great you and your gals get together!ah the busyness makes this month so much fun enjoy your wine with the ladies...love this getup and the fun tights in the previous post!

    ReplyDelete