Thursday, January 19, 2012

in which it's cold as ice

Photobucket

I bought this dress with summer in mind. In the dead of winter, summer sounds so nice: sherbet-chevron prints on terrycloth rompers, twist creemee cones with rainbow sprinkles, bright-blue skies and rosy-red sunburned cheeks, fireworks and cold beer, lake swimming and sun-warmed sand, multicolored candy at a drive-in movie... these are the things that have been on my mind, these past few frigid days...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



(dress: plato's closet; sweater: thrifted; hat: h&m; shoes: seychelles)

Art Club was lovely last night, but I was so worn out by the end of the day I didn't have much energy. I really need to figure out my sleep schedule and stick with it, even on the weekends (sleeping until noon on Sunday really threw me off, I think). Anyway, it is always nice to get together with those gals :)

I'm itching to go on a trip. Someplace like this, please:

Photobucket

No, seriously. I want to go to Bora Bora.

15 comments:

  1. Love the detailing on the dress! Really cute layering xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful detail - love the color and shevrons :)
    I can't stop thinking about summer either, especially with the prospect of moving a warm place (which is still up in the air but I really got my hopes up right now :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would kill to go to Bora Bora right now!! I love this dress, it's perfect layered over the sweater and I can imagine it'd be great in summer too. When it's cold the only thing getting me trough the day is knowing it will eventually be warm again
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  4. A holiday would definitely be good right now! I like the dress, the stitching details are really interesting and I think it's pretty trans seasonal too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too... actually I just want to get away from Barcelona for a bit so I can start to like it again!

    That dress will be lovely in the summer, and you look beautifully Dr. Zhivago now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you might have bought this dress thinking of summer, but it looks perfect with all that wonderful snow surrounding you! And I love your hat :)
    That place looks BEAUTIFUL, but I have to confess I prefer colder places :) masochist, I know...^^
    Life is a romantic poem

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful dress. Love the hat. Your surroundings look brutally cold!! I would totally join you in Bora Bora!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your dress is so ADORABLE. I love the style, and your hat is darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you must pick your outfits out from woodland-realm-wardrobe... seriously, your clothing is so earthy and sweet : )

    haha if you post about art club and its awesomeness, i mighttt just be tempted to start one...! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. We haven't gotten a whole ton of snow yet, so I'm still pretty cool with winter (puns!), but I know that when we get our first snowstorm I'll be right there with you, wanting summer/to escape to some tropical location. Anyway, you look wonderful! I love the pattern and colors on that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the trim on that dress.

    also, i'm super inspired to bust out my fur hats & stoles now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to trade my winter with yours, here it rains all the time :(

    Beautiful and very cute look, your hat is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful details and beautiful colors

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this dress. It's really lovely on you. I'll be ready for summer soon, but not til we get a decent snow on the ground it has been a disappointingly mild winter. I'm crazy jealous of your snow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes that dress is definitely going to be cute in the summer, but I love how you wore it for the cool weather. The sweater looks really nice underneath and I'm in love with the furry hat.

    ReplyDelete