Thursday, April 26, 2012

in which nobody puts baby in the corner

Photobucket

These pastel blues and pinks remind me of babies.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Picture2114two1

Photobucket

Picture2116two1

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(jumper/hat: thrifted; chambray tunic: tjmaxx; wedges: tilly's)

I bought this dress several months ago, knowing that it would be perfect for lounging by the river on lazy summer days.  It was enormous, so I had to alter it considerably--it was one of my first successful alterations!  I basically just pulled all of the seams apart and sewed them back together.  And hemmed it.  It's terrycloth, which is such a summer fabric, like a towel :)

I feel like I've been slacking off on my blog lately because there just isn't enough to say.  I've definitely decided to try for more of a quality-not-quantity approach to blogging, and not to post just because I feel like I need to throw something at the internet.  

Why My Life is Too Boring for Blogging

1. K and I eat the same thing every single night during the week. That's not an exaggeration.
2. My daylight hours are spent in a cubicle, not doing crafty projects.
3. I don't have many material desires.
4. I don't have a baby.
5. I don't experiment with hair and makeup.
6. I read a lot, which doesn't photograph well.
7. I don't go to fabulous parties or events.
8. I don't overshare on the internet.
9. I can't participate in Instagram because I refuse to pay for a data plan.
10. I don't travel to interesting places often enough.

So you see my dilemma. ;)
Oh well, life is good, even if it looks boring from a blogging perspective!  Happy Thursday!

12 comments:

  1. Ditto (except for the travelling). I'm struggling to get more than two posts up a week at the moment. You sound like someone who's been hanging out on GOMI. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa I totally agree. That's why I don't really post in the week, it's hard enough finding time to do things outside of a working/commuting day as it is. Only at weekends do I really go anywhere worthy of photographing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress. Some days I don't feel like I have anything to write, but have a back-up of drafts from days that I had two or three stories. But you've been doing this quite a bit longer than than me you might be finally out of 'drafts'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My life is pretty boring too as well!! But boring is good, it's relaxing! I love the colour combination together, you did a great job with this dress, I'm impressed
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eep, you should definitely write the whole series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can relate to your 'boring' points! But you have fab style and you show it off beautifully, which makes me a happy follower :)

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving the lists you had on your blog for this and the day before. Probably cause I identify with at least 75% of them. Although now I'm starting to worry if I overshare on the internet...eek! hope not! anyhow, I don't think you're boring at all!

    christen
    fashionplatecheapskate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those 10 points are exactly mine, and those which make me hesitant of blogging - WHAT should I write about? lol! But I am trying hard to get out from my laziness and write whatever, eventually starting to take better pics of my fabulous, pointless, going-to-nowhere outfits! I think the fun part in blogging is just... blogging whatever comes across our minds and that's it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those 10 points are exactly mine, and those which make me hesitant of blogging - WHAT should I write about? lol! But I am trying hard to get out from my laziness and write whatever, eventually starting to take better pics of my fabulous, pointless, going-to-nowhere outfits! I think the fun part in blogging is just... blogging whatever comes across our minds and that's it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a great job altering that thrifted dress. It'll definitely be nice and light for summer. I really like the blouse layered underneath it. You look so cute, as always!

    ReplyDelete