Tuesday, June 19, 2012

in which i am faintly floral

Photobucket

It is SO HOT this week. I love it.  This skirt, however, is infuriatingly difficult to photograph.  For some reason the light reflects off it in such a way that you can't even see the flowers, and the whole effect is lost.  Alas, woe is me.

Photobucket Photobucket Picture791two Photobucket Picture770two Photobucket Photobucket
(shirt: walmart; skirt: thrifted; shoes: tilly's)

I had a wonderful weekend (more Life Lately to come tomorrow--in the summertime I have lots of updates, since I actually go outside!).  We celebrated Father's Day on Saturday with some pond floating and music playing, and Sunday K took me to the Quechee Hot Air Balloon Festival, which was a) right up my alley and b) sort of a failure, since the balloons never actually launched (too much wind--pshaw).  Still, it was a fun day!  I love little adventures with my fellow :)

Last night I was running around like a wildwoman (literally--I actually went to the gym for once!).  After the gym I rushed home and made and ate dinner, and then my girlfriends and I booked our flight to Austin for the end of the summer!  Hooray!  I'm excited.  I really just wanted to get that booked so I could start looking forward to it, rather than looking for cheaper and cheaper flights.  We're going the last weekend in August to visit my friend Catherine, who you might remember from this post.  Lots of summer fun to come!!

12 comments:

  1. wow i really really love this outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The skirt is so cute! And you matched it perfectly with that jeans shirt! Very gorgeous outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great outfit!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the denim top tied up like this, so much fun with florals.
    Im just about to book my NY trip and am sooo excited, it's great to have something to look forward to for sure
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are stunning. I love the denim top
    www.studentfab.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look gorgeous! love your hair up.

    christen
    fashionplatecheapskate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look very cute and summery! I hate when a print on something I'm wearing doesn't photograph well. It always happens when I wear my houndstooth skirt. You look amazing though even if the print doesn't show up that well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hattitude Style Blog

    oh caitlin this little floral printed skirt is SO pretty. with the tied up jean shirt. it looks great. as always your hair is freakin' wild and fantastic!

    talk soon wild child
    -Hattie
    Hattitude Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look awesome and super cute, especially in that last photo! Sassafrass.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look awesome and super cute, especially in that last photo! Sassafrass.

    ReplyDelete