Monday, August 13, 2012

in which summer slowly fades

Photobucket

I won't lie, this outfit post was so close to not happening.  I'm having such a hard time motivating myself to take photos in the mornings (usually because I'm always running late, but also because I'm feeling fairly uninspired by my closet).  I wanted to wear this coat at least one more time this summer before it became pretty seasonally inappropriate (although, who am I kidding, I'm sure I'll probably keep wearing it through fall/winter).  

Photobucket Photobucket Picture1058two Photobucket Photobucket
(dress: plato's closet; coat: second time around; shoes: tilly's)

K and I spent a wonderfully relaxing weekend at my parent's house, which was much needed.  We ate food, drank wine, went for walks, floated (briefly) on the pond, and read (I finished 'How to Be Good' in one day--pretty quick read).  And now it's back to work.  One thing I'm excited about: K has decided to join the gym!  Hooray!  I finally will have a workout buddy again :)  We're going this evening, for the first time in I'm-embarrassed-to-say-how-long.   

I cannot believe how fast this summer has flown by.  Keeping busy makes time fly, which is good and bad.  I feel like I haven't had enough lazy days of wine drinking on the stoop and reading on riversides, but I have had a whole lot of fun.  And I'm ready for fall fashion (though don't get me wrong, that does not mean I'm ready for summer to end).  

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good weekend and a good summer. I love the dress and coat together, that coat has the best pattern ever. I want fall fashions too but summer is so awesome
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! I agree summer is slipping away. but I am definitely ready for fall fashion!

    christen
    fashionplatecheapskate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recently found your blog. Refreshing and a cool breeze in a stifling summer. Love everything you have to say and your look at fashion. You have a new fan in Washington State!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That jacket is amazing! I can't wait to wear jackets again! I can't wait for fall! I'm tired of feeling like there a thousand suns in the sky!

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hattitude Style Blog

    oh caitlin that coat is absolutely stunning. i am so so so so jealous! it's just wonderful. the soft pastel colours, the patterns, the buttons! oh swoon!

    talk soon wild child
    -Hattie
    Hattitude Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you were able to wear that coat again! It is beautiful! I envision it for fall with dark skinnies, cognac boots, and cinched with a belt!

    brenna

    ReplyDelete